I'm currently into some academic work about procedural content generation and though I'd share some interesting links here as I go along.
- Talk by Grant Duncan (Hello Games) about pcg in No man's sky
- Talk by Sébastien Dubois (Amplitude Studios) about pcg in Dungeon of the Endless
- Article by developers at Dejobaan about a modular approach to pcg in their AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! series
- Tutorial on procedural room/cave generation
- Tutorial on procedural cave generation using cellular automaton
- Talk by Zach Aikman (17-Bit) on procedural dungeon generation in Galak-Z